Tuesday 1 October 2013

Tattoos Are More Then Just Ink

If you saw my previous post you'd of noticed my slight love and addiction to Supernatural. As im nearing the end of watching season 8 (just in time for season 9 ahhhh cant wait :D ) its got me thinking about the theme for my next tattoo. During the 3rd season both Sam and Dean got matching tattoos as a form of protection. They both got Anti-possession symbols tattooed on there chest soon after Meg possessing Sam earlier that season. I thought this was such an awesome and effective way of protection there self's form demons. (eve tho it has a its disadvantage/way around it later on in season 8).



After still loving supernatural for all 8 season now I thought to my self id really love to get a supernatural tattoo done. After thinking long and hard about this iv always loved the inscription that is engraved along side Samuel Colt's gun (The Colt) "I will fear no evil" in Latin (Non Timebo Mala). After thinking about those word I feel that I will fear no evil is the perfect motto to live by and is just perfect. 

I personally feel when getting a tattoo it has to mean something personal to you and not just a quick spear of the moment thing there always need to be a thought process behind a tattoo, a story, or a meaning.

I always feel if I was to get more tattoo that I would get them in places I could hide them/cover them up. Its not that I don't like seeing people with tattoos all over them, in fact I love it I think its awesome, But for me to get that personally I think I would end up hating it when im older (or maybe not but don't wanna risk it.)



My First Tattoo
Me and my best friend for years came up with the idea one day when we were old enough we would get matching tattoos to symbolise are friendship and all that good stuff hehe. For years we tried to come up with idea of what we could get that will mean something to us, then a couple of years back we realised that in a lot of photos of us what together that were taken over the years we'd always pretend we had moustache (mostly because of a joke we have about moustache). So it only seemed right that we got matching moustaches tattooed on are fingers. Once we both turned 18 we both kinda said to each other that we'd get them done now that we were old enough but things just kept coming up money wise, school work and certain other things. It took us till November 2012 to finely get them done at the age of 19 after many years of planning, Are first ever tattoo for both of us. Iam so unbelievably happy that we got them done (after nearly chickening out) It means so much to me knowing that my best friend and I have something linking us together that will last forever, She means the world to me always has and always will. 





When I say last forever that providing that it doesn't fade/rub off any more then it has already. You see the thing with tattoos on the finger is that because your using you hand and fingers all the time it makes it harder for the ink to set and the wound to heal. 

 



















Tattoo Number #2
For my 20th Birthday I got one of the biggest surprise of my life when I was taken out by my boyfriend unknown on where we were going or what we were doing that evening, All I knew was that he had got me a surprise gift. When arriving at his friend house I then and only then did I relies that id been there before only once to watch him get his own tattoo. So many things went through my mind at that point, why am I here if not for a tattoo then what, would he really get me a tattoo with out me knowing anything about it, is he crazy. 
It turns out he had been planning this surprise for a couple of weeks know this a tattoo artist that he works with. If it wasn't for him knowing what I wanted and telling her so shes could draw some ideas up, I don't think I would of got it done. Speaking of that if it wasn't for him doing all that planning and getting me there I don't think I would of ever gone through with the tattoo at all, not to mention the tattoo she designed for me was nearly a perfect match to what i used to draw every where i could back in school so of course that made me want to get it done even more. 
I absolutely love my second tattoo Smile is means so much to mean and its just so perfect. 



Whats Next
As well as my Supernatural themed tattoo I have a couple of ideas on what id like to have done in the future. Ever since my Nan brought me my first dream catcher when I was younger iv been completely in love this the idea of dream catcher and American Indianian culture. It only seems right that I get a dream catcher tattoo. As all my friends know I kinda have an addiction to them and anything dream catcher related from shoe to tops and jewelry.
I would also love to get ink on me for personal reason a Kingfisher bird/an owl, a bench with a tree, a killer whale and a turtle


No comments:

Post a Comment