Saturday 19 October 2013

Cheesey Cakes

Just recently iv been loving baking and making little treats, iv made (with the assistants of my fiance) Brownies, Fairy Cakes, Carrot Cake and a Victory Sponge.



But this time I thought id have a go at making a cheese cake. I made one about a year ago and loved it and with my love for all things sweet espeacily cheesecake it only seemed right I had another crack at making one. 

I really wanted to try and make a lemon one but thought id stick to the basics for now and do what I know, so strawberry it is :). 

If you'd like to know how I made this strawberry delight then keep reading. 

You will need ><

250g Digestive Biscuits (or a biscuits of your choice)
100g Unsalted Butter
600g Mascarpone or soft cheese 
100g Icing Sugar 
284ml Cream
400g Strawberrys 


Base
You'll want to start by making the base for your cheesecake. crush up the biscuits that you chose into a small bowl. I use a rolling pin for this to make the process faster.
Once you have 250g worth of biscuit crumbs, you'll want to start to melt your butter in a pan and once melted add in the crumbs until there all covered, then add your mixture into a round tray (if you can use a removable bottom cake tray.)



Filling
Now for my favorite part. When making your cheesecake filling just simply add all Mascarpone, Icing Sugar and cream into a large mixing bowl and mix together fully so all 3 ingredients are blended.


 If you like you can never add some of your strawberry's to your mixture to give your cheesecake an even stronger strawberry tasted in every bite. (I myself went for just adding a strawberry sauce into the mixture).


Out Come
Once your base has cooled down compleltly go a head and add your filling mixture on top and let it set in the fridge while you make the strawberry topping.


All Wapped Up With A Strawberry On Top 
When making mine I went for bending half of my strawberry's to make a sauce to drizzle over the top of my cheesecake and then cutting the others up to layer around the ages of the cheesecake. But go wild with this part make it your own :).






So there we have it :)
my very own starwberry cheesecake. If only i could share it with you all, need a guinea pig to tell me how it tastes, Anyone ?

No comments:

Post a Comment