Friday 13 December 2013

My Christmas Time

As Christmas days draws closer its got me thinking of all the little things that makes Christmas a special time. Ever since I was younger Christmas has always been a big family occasions, all are family come together and spend the day together. Me my mum and my brother would exchange gifts in the morning and then get ready to go round to my nan's for Christmas dinner.
 Before we sit down and eat the scrumptious dinner that nan had made us, we'd all take it in turns to go down to my cemetery to lay flower on my uncle and grandads graves.

Christmas dinner (or lunch) has away been on the large size. My marvellous nan (with the help of a couple others) cooks for all 18 of us, which can be a bit of a squeeze round just two tables, but its always been that way and were used to it, its kinda nice being all close together.
 If you think 18 for dinner is a lot, after dinner the rest of are family comes round for a big gift swooping with drinks and party food and all round fun and games. We'd all send the night together catching up and having a chat right into boxing day. I think that has to be one of the things I love most about Christmas, theses just something about coming home in the early hours of boxing day tired and cold after having such a busy day its just perfect. Mum would make us a hot chocolate before bed, wed show each other what presents we got and id always put on the new PJs id just got to try and warm up (if I don't get new pjs this year i'll be sad hehe).

I don't really have any photos of are Christmas's online so here's some of my decoration I put up yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment